Monday, November 30, 2009

Can my employer use my cash tips to make up a short fall in a till even if i dont work on the tills?

i work in housekeeping but share the tips but im not getting any as they keep saying the tills have been down and no one is getting any tips they say they are using the tips to make up he tillsCan my employer use my cash tips to make up a short fall in a till even if i dont work on the tills?
If it is in your contract or the company handbook that shortfalls on takings must be made up by staff, then there's nothing you can do. I think that it's a bit much that those who don't work the tills get hit, it's usually the staff who work the tills who have this problem.





It's the employer's money to do with as they wish. However if they pay you and then deduct the amount .ie. the deduction is recorded on your pay slip, they are making an illegal deduction unless you have agreed to it.Can my employer use my cash tips to make up a short fall in a till even if i dont work on the tills?
I think employers in your sort of hospital;ity industry can do more or less as they like .. Probably one or more of your colleagues are fiddling the tills and you are all paying for it .. If you complain yoiu stand a chance of being sacked I expect
Yeah, as far as i know any tips recieved go straight to the employer and they choose to share them out, make up any losses ot keep them for themselves... From now on, any tips left for you, slip them into your pocket ;)
That is against the law. You can turn them in to your State Employment Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder