Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Anyone have Make-up Tips for a difficult face?

I'm looking for some tips to highlight my best features and disguise my worst.


I can't get to my own computer so I can't post any pictures but here is my best description:





Hair: Strawberry blonde (and no I'm not trying to cover up the fact I'm ginger I literally have blondey-reddey hair!) naturally straight, a fringe that frames my jawline in a kind of wispy way.





Face Shape: Essentially heart shaped; I have a very long but rounded chin and rounded applies to all of my features as there are no sharp angles on my face. And my cheeks can be VERY puffy in the morning but thin out after midday.





Nose: Fine, nothing special and no distinguishing features...it's just a nose.





Lips: A little thin, they dissappear when I smile and their colour is a natural deep red





Eyes: Dark Blue with grey streaks. There are green and brown rings around the pupil and a light grey ring around the iris.





Skintone: Very pale. With freckles too. I tend to get a slight reddness on my cheeks, nose and chin.





Skin type: Combination - oily in the morning and fine at night. My chin get's quite greasy.





Eyebrows: Blonde and a good shape without plucking, this would be great if anyone could actually see them but they literally blend in with my face.





Jawline: Faint, not strong at all.





Teeth: (I don't know if this helps) Straight and not too big or too small. My mouth naturally hangs open to display the bottom of my front teeth.





If you need any more details let me know but I think I have it covered!!





NB: I'm a 17 year old girl who wants to obtain a natural look more than anything. I don't want the whole smokey eyes thing or eyeliner!


(also include some hair tips too if you want - it hangs down just past my shoulders)





Thank you to anyone who makes the effort to read and answer this question - I know it's long!Anyone have Make-up Tips for a difficult face?
Your face does not sound difficult at all. for a simple look go for a light foundation or powder. Since you have clear skin you may tend to skip this step, but a foundation pulls any make-up look together. At the very least, try a tinted moisturizer.


Since your lips are dark naturally you may not want to wear a lot of color. Try a lip-plumping gloss to help enhance them.


A light dusting of blush in a bronze or pinky shade will likely look most natural. Apply mainly to the apples of your cheeks.


A slight up turn of your eyeliner at the corners should help counteract droopiness. A thin black line always looks good with blue eyes. Mascara, specially focused on the outer corners of your lashes will also help. You may not want to go with too dark a mascara since your lashes are light. A brown would probably be better than black. For dark circles, a peach or salmon toned concealer under foundation will help. A neutral creme or beige color swept across the eyes will be nice. You can go for a bit of sparkle or shine. This is a minimal look that would not require a lot of work.





I'm no make up expert, but I do read a lot of beauty / style magazines and tips.Anyone have Make-up Tips for a difficult face?
1. Use a sheer foundation to even out your redness without covering your freckles, concealer under your eyes and powder to set the areas that get oily.





2. Use an eyebrow pencil or powder to darken your eyebrows - it always looks kind of weird when people have blond eyebrows that you can barely see.





3. If you want your face to look less round use blush or bronzer underneath your cheek bones to emphasize them.





I know you said you want a natural look, no eyeliner, but that's the only way to help the droopy eyes.





4. Use brown eyeliner on your upper lid only and flick it up a little bit at the corners, almost like a cat eye but more subtle, and fill in the area between where the line flicks up and your lash line with the liner so that it has a little triangle shape at the corner instead of just being a line (hope that makes sense to you!)





5. If you wear eye shadow, have the lid colour (I would do brown) go up and out at the outside corner as well and add a lighter colour (white) on the brow bone.





6. Use brown mascara and concentrate it on the middle section of your lashes, not the outer corner.





With your colouring you would probably look nice with peach blush and lipgloss and gold, brown, bronze, peach or white for eyeshadow.
you sound pretty. for the redness i would use a light mineral powder foundation, just to even it out. dont use too much on the cheeks since you have a natural blush. you want to look healthy not one tone. for the dank circles use a little bit of highlighter under your eyes.





this will reflect the light from the skin. for your chin you can use some blotting paper that should keep it under control.





now the eyes, use some good quality mascara, a dark brown or brown black will look more natural on you, to counter act the droopy eye effect use the tiniest amount of eyeliner at the outer edges of your eyes to shape them. by not making the line thick and using a browny color it will look natural. smudge the line a bit too, just use your finger, i've found that works the best. keep it close to the lash line too.





for your lip just use a shimmery lip balm, the color sounds pretty on you


hope you found this helpful!!
first you sound very pretty :)





i think the best thing for you would be a light mineral powder foundation. look at covergirl





i wish i had your eye color it sounds amazing! you could get a brown eyeliner. try almay play up the blue. its called brown topaz.





mascara. you'll just need a light coat.


i would recommend mabeylline new york waterproff either volume or lengthening (whatever you choose) and get it in a brown NOT BLACK it would be too dark for you





that will be the most basic makeup for you. you could always add a light bronzer. maybe physicans formula.





and eyeshadow. that your on your own because there are so many and you can do almost any color! just walk into the nearest walgreens and experiment!





let me know if you need any more tips! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder