Thursday, December 3, 2009

Make up tips for African Americans?!?

No one is really answering me.


Like I need advices in make up and stuff...


I want to do like retro make up, that everyone looks at %26amp; loves it.


So like does anyone have tips on anything..eyes...eyeshadow..all that good stuff.


Right now all I do is basic eye make up and even thats not like great.





Me:





http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279鈥?/a>Make up tips for African Americans?!?
Quite frankly I like LOTS of color. That's just me and I do it well because I always get compliments. There are some great people on youtube that do tutorials but I'll tell you what I like.





Everyday look: A nice everyday look would be a brown the exact same shade of your skin and you'd put that all over the lid but stop when you're at where you'd put your high light. Take a dark brown and make a 'v' shape at the outer corner of your eye (the size depends on how you like it and what you feel is best for your eye shape) and take it into the crease. You want to blend out that brown so that creates a soft smokey look. Then you'll go in with a golden tan color and put that on your brow bone (the high light area). Blend that in with the brown that's your skin tone so that it's seamless. Then you'll want to take a shimmery gold color and dab it gently at the inner corner of your eyes. The brown scheme is very neutral and should be one you can wear every day. The last step (other than mascara) would be lining. You can get a more retro feel by the type of line you do. I think a nice medium sized black line that leads into a slight flick (the 60s flick). Put black liner on your lower waterline and set it with black shadow and you're done.





You should really experiment with color and see what works best with you. I'm a little darker than you so the colors should work the same.





Today, for instance, I wore purple so my eye shadow coordinated with that. I used a primer (Urban Decay's Primer Potion) and a base (Scandalous Cosmetics Shadow Base) but you can also use a white cream shadow or creamy pencil if you don't have that. In the inner corners I put a peach color and blended that in with a highly pigmented lavender color (these come from B*tch Slap Cosmetics' Innocent B*tch Paint Wheel). I blended the lavender in with this matte purple shadow (#92 from Make Up For Ever) I put at the outer corner and brought into the crease. I blended the purple in the crease before taking a brown (#17 from Make Up For Ever) and applying that all the way up the the brow bone where I then put a tanish gold shadow (Sephora colorful mat 10 shadow). I blended the line between the highlight and the brown before going back with a fluffy brush and #92 to blend the purple in with the brown.





When I was satisfied that the colors blended well, I added an eggplant colored gel liner and winged it out before lining my waterline and putting on mascara.





As far as the lips go, I like color (mostly glosses though) but if my eye shadow is super bright like the purple I'll go for a nude color like Mac's Revealing or Jemma Kid's undressed. Either that or clear.





If you're doing a nude eye, a nice tanish gold gloss will look nice as well as a coral gloss. Mac's Lychee Luxe lip glass is a pretty coral.





As far as foundation and concealer goes, you may want to go into a department store or a cosmetic store like Sephora or Ulta and have them help you pick out a foundation that's both your tone and the type of finish for your skin type. You should go, if for nothing else, to find out your correct skin tone and undertone. Like some people are brown with red or yellow undertones and you'd need to know that before you just grab any foundation off the shelf and go.





If you like the trial and error you can always go to a drug store and pick the two foundations closest to your skin tone and mix them until you get the perfect shade.Make up tips for African Americans?!?
Honestly your skin looks like it needs some help. Looks like lotsa scarring from makeup. I would HIGHLY recommend you look into ValanaMinerals. It's a pure, vegan mineral makeup line created by an African American for African Americans. Her skin is literally GLOWING and perfect. I've heard soooo many good things about her products.


http://www.valanaminerals.com/
Don't go heavy on the lip glosss, or lining your lips. Have a slim layer of it on to bring out your lips. A touch of eye liner and mascara would really bring out your eyes which are really pretty. Just remember, don't put too much one, you want to look clazzy not cheap





good luck :)
well on my youtube channele i have a look called MACS INTRO TO SPRING. i think it would look great on you and it would be easy to follow. so please check out the vid you might get inspired lol
I found you a site that shows how to do 50's retro looks. I hope it works.
you should use covergirl, they have a line aimed at African Americans





~xoxo coco
go nuetral

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder