Thursday, December 3, 2009

Make up tips? - Keeps rubbing off / wont last?? - Please help!?

Hi,





I have a make up dilemma!





I have an olive / tan complexion. When I am tired I get big dark circles under my eyes, and get a yellow / greyish tinge to my complexion - so it is important my make up stays on!





I apply make up every morning, bit it just does not stay on! I use L'Oreal Infalliable Radiant Beige 12 Hours Last, and some days I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I put it on in the morning before college at around 7.30 am, by the time its 10.00 - its all rubbed off!





I usually apply vaseline on my face as an ';undercoat'; before I apply the foundation - is this what is going wrong?





If I put finishing powder on will that help it stick?


Are there any products that will help it stay on - finishing cream - fixative creams (I know you can get eye fixative cream to keep eye shadow on for a long time)


Are there any better foundations out there?Make up tips? - Keeps rubbing off / wont last?? - Please help!?
STOP with the vaseline!! Its fine to moistorise your skin, but i would use a moistoriser especially for your face and apply it every night.


In the morning put on conceiler (oil free) to give yourself a clean and clear one-tone base to start with. Apply an OIL FREE foundation (clarins multi-teint eclait oil free liquid foundation is fantastic and stays on all day - no need for a touch up!) And to finish, maybe some translucent finishing powder.Make up tips? - Keeps rubbing off / wont last?? - Please help!?
I have the same problem makeup never lasts, esp if i even use a moisturiser under it. So now every night i take off my makeup and use a night cream when is plenty mosturising enuf. In the morning I wash my face and I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Ive tried loads of diff ones claiming to last 12 hours etc and none of them do exept this one. Its bout thirty euro but it lasts months so its well worth it!!
I think that vaseline is the problem for sure! That is greasy it is making the makeup slide off your face! I would use a regular makeup primer. I use Bare Minerals makeup and they make a great primer called Prime Time and a finishing powder called Mineral Veil that keeps the makeup set most of the day. Also try a loose powder over your foundation too that sets it. Hope this helps a little.
first of all, dont use vaseline..


its oily so THIS is making your make up slip..


use a moisurizer and give it at least 15 mins to soak into your skin..


then use your liquid foundation..


on the top, use a loose translucent face powder..


or one suited to your skin tone..


your make up will last for 12 hrs then,


its just the vaseline making it slip








x
3 words:


MAC Fix +


seriously, that stuff is awesome.


failing that, there's always the hairspraying your face trick, although i don't really recommend that. just don't breathe in.
After appling foundation try a translcent powder to make it last longer miss sport do one for £1.99 it matches all skin tones





Good luck!
well i usee vaseline to take OFF my makeeup, so that mite be the problemm :)
You should miss the vaseline off.





My make up lasts approximately 6 - 8 hours.





Use a good foundation that is as near to your skin tone as you can get it all over your face eyes included.





Use a blusher palatte to add colour particularly highlight cheekbones. Don't forget to use a paler colour elsewehere and blend it in.





Use a shimmer tone for your eyes that is lighter than your eyes. Your main eyeshadow if you use it should either be the colour of your eyes or a contrasting shade that is complimentary.





Use a waterproof long lasting mascara.





Use longlasting lipgloss or lipstick again one that suits your natural colouring.





Finally use finishing powder to blend away excess makeup.





After a long day you will need to re-apply blusher and finishing powder and lipgloss.





To remove use any plain moisturiser and a cotton pad. Always wash your face. Old make up cloggs up the skin.





Better foundations I use Max Factor lasting performance.


It does not come off until removed.





If you send me an email I can send you a photo as to how well my make up looks.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder