Thursday, December 3, 2009

Make-up tips for a newbie?

I'm 23 years old and I've never really been a girly-girl. I honestly do not know what I should and should not use (as far as colors and brands). I'd really like to go for a pretty natural look that will put a bit more emphasis on my eyes. I do know that I hate liquid eyeliner and would much prefer using a pencil. I was thinking about getting Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara and maybe the Almay Intense I-color shadows (my eyes are brown with some green and I wanna bring out the green more). I'm on a bit of a budget so I can't afford any of the really expensive stuff. Help me please! :)





Here's my myspace link if you'd like to get an idea for what might work. http://www.myspace.com/thump_thumpzMake-up tips for a newbie?
I'd say stick with mascara and liner at first while trying out wearing makeup for the first time, then incorporate eyeshadows as well later on. I've never tried the CG mascara, but you could probably find some reviews for it online.





For neutral colours, I think that some browns, coppers, purples (think darker purples on the warmer side) and golds would be a great start, and would look really pretty :) If you want to use pencil liners, I suggest getting ones that have those little smudging things at the end, or using q-tips to smudge the liner to give off a softer line. I actually like to use cream liners, because they give off similar definition as liquids but are much easier to use/control.





The brands of drug store eyeshadows that I find to be most effective are L'Oreal and CoverGirl. If you want to use eyeshadow, you should buy an actual brush - doesn't have to be expensive though, you can easily find ones for under 10 dollars.





I don't think you really need to use foundation, but if you wanted to use something to even out your skin tone, i'd say stick with a pressed powder and buy a fluffy powder brush to apply it. That way you won't be applying a thick amount of makeup, but it will help to even the skin out a bit; and if it gets really warm out or if your skin gets oily at all, it won't really matter if the makeup fades off since it won't melt off the way liquid foundation would.Make-up tips for a newbie?
Covergirl Lash Blast is awesome! I've used it before. It's an excellent pick, and its affordable! Covergirl also has a new mascara called Covergirl eyelights, that picks up color in your eyes and makes them brighter and more vibrant. I would get hazel for your eyes. Almay is not a good brand. Also, its on the more expensive side. The best makeup for beginners like you on a budget would be Covergirl and Maybelline, at drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Osco, Rite Aid, etc. Maybelline mascar is also off the chain! Awesome.
Mostly any color of eye shadow works great with brown eyes. But specifically blue, green, purples, and pinks really make the eyes ';pop';.


You don't have to buy super expensive brands either, anything at Walmart will do. They have brands like CoverGirl, Almay, Maybelline and lots more.
purple eyeliner in like a plum or a lilac makes brown eyes really pretty. i dont have brown eyes but friend does and it looks reallly pretty on her, if you do a plum eyeliner then you should go for a slightly lighter shade of purple. you can find them at drug stores. more variety, less money.
I hate liquid eyeliner too and I also hate eyeliner pencils - too much work. I have this sort of automatic pencil that you just twist and more comes out, so no sharpening. it's my baby, I love it.


mascara's good too, but make sure it's not clumpy - that's the biggest problem most people have..


and get just some darkish brown eye shaddow. don't do anything too extreme (like green or black) untill you're confident in your make up skills.


I bought all my stuff at longs for really cheap, and it's nice. so skip sephora untill you really want to splurge on silver eyeliner or whatever
  • suzuki
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin disorder